Scholarships & Bursaries
The bursary is credited to the eligible student’s tuition fee account each semester (the amount being relevant to the number of units undertaken in that semester).
• The first family member can be studying at a Navitas institution at the same time as the other family members or may have studied at any Navitas institution previously.
• The family bursary is granted to the second and subsequent family members who study at a Navitas institution.
• The family bursary is not available for students who previously received a Navitas scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas withdrawn.
For the purpose of this bursary, a family member is defined as a husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter or stepchild.
• Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas member institution. The value of the bursary will be recorded on the student’s account each study period.
• The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken.
• Navitas bursary is not applicable to English language program or any component of any English language program offered by Navitas member institutions.
Navitas member institutions
The Navitas bursary applies to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, La Trobe Melbourne, LBIC, MIBT, MIBT Indonesia, PDIC, ECC, QIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at FAU, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at WKU and Navitas at UNH only.
How to Apply
The family bursary application form can be downloaded below. Please return the completed application to Curtin College with your supporting documents, as detailed on the application form.
The scholarships are one academic semester or part thereof (equivalent to the maximum of up to five academic subjects) for a Navitas Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (Australia), UTP Stage II or Associate Degree (Canada), UPP or IUTP (USA) or Undergraduate pathway program (UK) at a Navitas college or one academic semester of foundation or undergraduate study at La Trobe University Sydney Campus, Curtin Singapore or one academic semester of a Master’s program at Curtin Singapore.
Any additional costs, including travel or material such as books or equipment required as part of program will be recipient’s responsibility. For programs that articulate directly into a university degree program, the scholarship will cover only the Navitas member institute components of the program for the study period.
Any additional costs, including travel or material such as books or equipment required as part of program will be recipient’s responsibility. For programs that articulate directly into a university degree program, the scholarship will cover only the Navitas member institute components of the program for the semester.
- be continuing (current) student, enrolled and studying towards a Navitas Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (Australia), UTP Stage II or Associate Degree (Canada), UPP or IUTP (USA), Undergraduate pathway program (UK), University Foundation or Bachelor Degree program (Australia) or Master’s programs (Australia),
- be a full time student,
- have achieved competencies in all courses across their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for) in the semester prior to being eligible for the scholarship,
- not have any outstanding fees on their student account,
- not have previously received a Navitas scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas withdrawn.
- The Academic Merit Scholarship applies to the second semester of enrolment or the final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program. Students are liable to pay for any additional courses / subjects undertaken.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas member institution. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student’s account during their second semester of study or their final semester of study for an undergraduate/ postgraduate program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress through their second semester of study or final semester of study for undergraduate/postgraduate programs to retain their scholarship.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or Navitas member institutes in any circumstances.
- Curtin College reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic results (GPA) from their previous semester of study. Should two students have identical academic results, the scholarship panel will refer back to marks awarded within each subjects/course to ascertain the scholarship recipient.
- Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, member of specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account where the scholarship panel must differentiate between equally qualified applicants.
- Outcome of scheduled interview (if required)
Notification of Results
The scholarship panel will announce the recipients of the Academic Merit Scholarship upon the release of the results each semester. The recipients will be notified by mail.
Navitas Member Institutions
The Navitas scholarship is offered to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, La Trobe Melbourne, LBIC, MIBT, MIBT Indonesia, PUIC, ECC, QIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at FAU, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at WKU and Navitas at UNH only.
Students are not required to apply for the scholarship as it is awarded based on academic performance and all students are eligible. All terms and conditions are correct as at 2 July 2014 and subject to change without notice or at the discretion of the Navitas member institute or Navitas Pty Ltd.
Please read through the Terms and Conditions below to confirm your eligibility.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- This Scholarship is only for international, full fee-paying, non-sponsored students.
- This Scholarship is only for new commencing students at Curtin College.
- This Scholarship is available to students who are packaged with Curtin University and commences in the 2nd year of their Bachelor Degree no later than Semester 2, 2023.
- The Scholarship amount cannot be withdrawn by the student.
- This Scholarship covers a maximum of 12.5% of your Diploma tuition fees to a maximum of 200 credit points at Curtin College.
- If you achieve a course weight average of 65% in your Diploma course at the College, this Scholarship will be extended to cover a maximum of 12.5% of your first year tuition fee for your studies at Curtin University up to a maximum of 200 credit points only.
- You are required to pay the full amount stated your Letter of Offer with the Scholarship amount to be offset in your account during your second study period at Curtin College.
- If you are eligible to continue with the Scholarship at Curtin University, you must pay the full tuition fees amount for your course and the Scholarship will be credited to your fee account by census date of your second semester of study at Curtin University.
- You will not be eligible for the Scholarship if you are in receipt of any other scholarship/bursary/ sponsorship from Curtin College, Curtin or any other third party. The scholarship can be revoked at the discretion of Curtin if you already have a scholarship or sponsorship.
- This Scholarship cannot be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- This Scholarship can be revoked if you do not accept your Letter of Offer or enrol into your Curtin College and Curtin University course by the dates specified in your Letter of Offer.
- This Scholarship is not available to Australian citizens.
- This Scholarship is not available to students enrolling into Curtin College or Curtin University courses with a quota. Quota courses include Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Exercise Sports and Rehabilitation Science, Nursing and Pharmacy.
- This scholarship is available to all nationalities.
- The Scholarship will not be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin.
- Curtin College reserves the right to vary or add to any of these terms and conditions at its discretion with adequate notice.
To retain the scholarship:
- If you apply for Leave of Absence, you will not be eligible for the scholarship upon your return
- If you withdraw, defer or are terminated from the course, you will not be eligible for the continuation of the scholarship.
- To retain eligibility for the Scholarship (unless there are exceptional circumstances), you must remain enrolled in your initial course at Curtin College and Curtin University (with exception of your major).
- You must remain enrolled as an international student for the duration of the Scholarship. If your citizenship changes during the Scholarship period, the Scholarship will only be applied to the units you completed as an international student.
- You must maintain a full-time enrolment each study period at the College.
- If you are eligible to continue with the Scholarship at Curtin University, you must maintain a full-time enrolment of 100 credit points each semester at the University.
- Can not breach the Scholarship terms and conditions outlined in this document.
If any of the above conditions are not being met:
- The scholarship will be removed/revoked and you will be responsible for any outstanding fees.
- You will not be eligible for a refund of monies paid, to the equivalent value of the Scholarship.
How to apply
No separate scholarship application is required. All qualifying applications are automatically assessed for the Curtin College Diploma Pathway Scholarship.
Conditions of this subsidy offer:
- You must be an international, full fee-paying, student who has received a conditional offer to study at Curtin.
- Subsidy is not available to Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
- You must not have met Curtin’s English language requirements for entry into your Mainstream Course and must commence your Mainstream Course at Curtin’s Perth campus within one year of the start date specified in your Letter of Offer.
- You must be undertaking an English Language Program to meet your English Requirement.
- You must be studying a full-time undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree by coursework or Higher Degree by
- Research program of at least 1 year and for a minimum of 200 credit points.
- You must pay upfront the fees associated with all your English Language Programs PLUS a A$1,000 deposit (the Deposit) at the time you accept the packaged offer contained in your Letter of Offer (different requirements apply to Sponsored students – see further below)
- Curtin will credit the Deposit towards your tuition fee account in the second semester of your Mainstream course. If you do not continue to the Mainstream Course (whether you chose to withdraw or due to not meeting the English Requirement), the Deposit will be non-refundable.
- You must progress to your Mainstream Course and maintain your enrolment as an international, full fee-paying, student for at least one semester of your Mainstream Course. If you do not, then the Subsidy will be cancelled and you will not receive the Subsidy either in the form of a credit or refund of the tuition fees for your English Language Program (unless you qualify for any exceptions under the Curtin English Refund Policy).
- If your English Language Program costs less than the Subsidy, you cannot apply the Subsidy to any other international student expense or claim any remaining portion of the Subsidy. The Subsidy will only be applied to tuition, and enrolment fees.
- Curtin will not reissue this offer if you have to extend your English Language Program due to unsuccessful English academic progression. If you are unsuccessful in your initial English Language Program, you must pay for any further
- English courses you choose to study.
- You cannot spend the Subsidy or cash it in for any other purpose.
- You must accept the offer to study within 4 weeks of the Letter of Offer to qualify for the Subsidy
- This offer will not be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin in writing.
- This offer cannot be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university or educational institution.
- Curtin can cancel this offer if you do not accept your Letter of Offer or enrol in your Mainstream Course by the date specified.
- If you are a Sponsored student, different requirements apply:
(a) If the sponsor covers English Language Program(s) fees under the sponsorship, the sponsor will be fully invoiced for the English Language Program as per the sponsorship length. The student will need to sign this offer, as the student will need to meet the terms & conditions of this offer before the sponsor is eligible for offset of the Subsidy, which will be arranged with the sponsor once the student enrols and maintains their enrolment for one semester of their Curtin Mainstream Course. The A$1,000 Deposit for the Mainstream course is not required.
(b) If the sponsor does NOT cover the English Language Program(s) course fees under the sponsorsh ip, the student is required to (i) pay upfront the fees associated with all the English Language Programs (ii) sign this offer; and (iii) seek a refund for the Subsidy once the student enrols and maintains their enrolment for one semester of their Curtin mainstream course. The A$1,000 Deposit for the Mainstream course is not required.
To retain the credit granted the student:
- You must remain enrolled as an international student for the duration of your English Language Program and at least one semester of your Mainstream Course. If your citizenship changes during this period, you will not receive the Subsidy.
- You must not breach the conditions outlined in this letter.
- You must not take a leave of absence or withdraw from any unit or your Mainstream Course.
- You must not be terminated from your studies by Curtin.
- You must abide by Curtin’s policies, Student Charter and not be found guilty of serious misconduct
Should any of the above conditions not be met by the student:
Curtin can revoke the Subsidy at any time at its discretion and you will be liable for the full tuition fees for your English Language Program.
How to apply
No separate application is required. All qualifying applications are automatically assessed for the Curtin English Language Program Subsidy.
Tell us which Curtin University degree you are interested in, and we will get you on track by matching you with the right diploma course.
Popular searches: Digital Design History Physiotherapy Computer Systems Engineering Finance Mechanical Engineering Mining Engineering Business Administration Laboratory Medicine Photography & Illustration Design Business Administration Interior Architecture