Facts & Figures
Since 2000, Curtin College has helped over 10,000 students progress into Year 2 at Curtin University.
As Western Australia’s most innovative university, Curtin’s strong credentials are also reflected in its high ratings, including the prestigious QS World University Rankings:
- Curtin University is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide in the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2018 and has risen to 230 worldwide in the QS World University Ranking 2020.
- Curtin is ranked one of the world’s most international universities with the third largest international student population of any Australian university. Curtin was ranked 26th in the Times Higher Education’s list of the top 200 most international universities 2016.
- Curtin University is the only Western Australian university to be ranked in the top 50 under 50. As Western Australia’s most innovative university, Curtin’s strong credentials are also reflected in its high ratings in the QS World University Rankings:
- Ranked 22nd in the world for universities under the age of 50, in the QS World University Rankings 2018 – the only Western Australian university to make the list.
- Awarded a five-star overall excellence rating (out of five stars) in the QS Stars University ratings 2018.
Curtin College Student Profile
Semester 1, 2019
|Applicant Background||Number of students||% of all students|
|(A) Past higher education study (includes a bridging or enabling course)||5||0.01%|
|(B) Past vocational education and training (VET) study||25||0.05%|
|(C) Work and life experience (Admitted on the basis of previous achievement other than the above)||10||0.02%|
|(D) Recent secondary education:|
|--Admitted solely on the basis of ATAR (regardless of whether this includes the impact of adjustment factors such as equity or subject bonus points)||99||19.8%|
|--Admitted where both ATAR and additional criteria were considered (e.g. portfolio, audition, extra test, early offer conditional on minimum ATAR)||Below 5||Below 5|
|--Admitted on the basis of other criteria only and ATAR was not a factor (e.g. special consideration, audition alone, schools recommendation scheme with no minimum ATAR requirement)||136||27.2%|