Facts & Figures
Since 2000, Curtin College has helped over 12,000 students progress into Year 2 at Curtin University.
As Western Australia’s most innovative university, Curtin’s strong credentials are also reflected in its high ratings, including the prestigious QS World University Rankings.
- Curtin University is a popular study destination and is globally recognised for its strong connections with industry, high-impact research and a wide range of innovative courses.
- The University is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide in the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019 and have risen 20 places to 230th in the world in the QS World University Ranking 2020.
- Curtin University climbed 29 places to a rank of 220th in the world and remains 9th in Australia in the 2019-2020 University Ranking by Academic Performance (URAP). The University also jumped 35 places in the 2019 CWTS Leiden Ranking and is now positioned at 284th in the world and 9th in Australia.
- In the ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS) 2019, Curtin University features in 37 of the 54 subjects ranked, with seven subjects in the top 100 in the world. It is 11th in the world for Mining & Mineral Engineering and is ranked in the top 10 in Australia for 24 subjects, the highest being 2nd for Mathematics and equal 2nd for Chemical Engineering.
- Curtin University’s ranking has risen in eight subject areas in the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject.
- Curtin University courses are highly regarded in the 2020 QS World University Rankings by Subject, ranking second in the world for Mineral and Mining Engineering and 40th for Earth and Marine Sciences. Curtin ranks in the top 100 for Architecture/Built Environment, Civil & Structural Engineering, Nursing, Education and Sports-related subjects.
Curtin College Student Profile
Semester 2, 2020
|Applicant Background||Number of students||% of all students|
|(A) Past higher education study (includes a bridging or enabling course)||Below 5||Below 5|
|(B) Past vocational education and training (VET) study||11||8.46%|
|(C) Work and life experience (Admitted on the basis of previous achievement other than the above)||Below 5||Below 5|
|(D) Recent secondary education:|
|--Admitted solely on the basis of ATAR (regardless of whether this includes the impact of adjustment factors such as equity or subject bonus points)||34||26.15%|
|--Admitted where both ATAR and additional criteria were considered (e.g. portfolio, audition, extra test, early offer conditional on minimum ATAR)||Below 5||Below 5|
|--Admitted on the basis of other criteria only and ATAR was not a factor (e.g. special consideration, audition alone, schools recommendation scheme with no minimum ATAR requirement)||Below 5||Below 5|
Australian compliance regulation requires colleges to display a statement regarding financial viability on their websites. Please see the Financial Viability Statement for Curtin College as signed by the Chair of the Board of Directors.