Congratulations on accepting your place at Curtin College and Curtin University.
We welcome you at this exciting time and look forward to assisting you during your studies.
This Pre-arrival Guide provides information regarding your studies at Curtin College and your student life in Western Australia. We hope to make your transition from your home to Perth as smooth as possible. Use these pages as a reference guide and remember there is a huge amount of support available to you as you begin your pathway to Curtin University.
- Valid Passport
- Student Visa
- Evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover (whether arranged by Curtin College or yourself)
- Arrange Accommodation
- Arrange Airport Reception
- Obtain Australian Currency (approximately $500 in cash & $2,500 in some other form)
- Leave a copy of your passport, visa, & other ID with parents, relatives, or friends
- Arrange a medical check, vision test, and dental check
- Spare pair of glasses (if needed)
- Any medication you need with English explanations
- Arrange travel insurance (highly recommended for items such
as laptops, cameras, musical instruments, etc.)
- Review Australian quarantine policies & understand what
you can and cannot bring into Australia.
- ‘Like’ the Curtin College (Official Fan Page) on Facebook
- Visit the Curtin College Student Blog for a snapshot of student life at Curtin College
- Prepare & acquire required items from your course-specific checklist
- Your Welcome Letter from Curtin College
- Certified copies of all relevant academic transcripts
- Confirmation(s) of Enrolment (CoE or eCoE)
- 2-4 passport size photographs Photo Identification (eg. Driver’s Licence, Proof of Age Card, etc)
- Any medical certificates/ history/reports
- Complete Account Creation Guide