Skip to Main Content
Campus male reading in dining room

Finding accommodation

Arrange accommodation as soon as you can. Choose from on-campus and off-campus options, depending on your preference and budget.

New to Perth?

Before you choose your accommodation, learn more about one of the world’s most liveable cities – the place you’ll call home if you choose to study at the Curtin University campus.

Explore Perth

On-campus accommodation

Make the campus your home

As a Curtin College student, you’ll have access to the same on-campus accommodation options as Curtin University students, so you can live and study at Curtin’s Bentley campus and experience university life to the fullest.

All current and soon-to-be Curtin College students can apply at any time, even if you have not yet accepted your offer to study at Curtin College. Feel free to make special requests when applying, such as an all-female dorm, but please note that not all requests can be met.

Download our accommodation flyer

Apply for on-campus accommodation online

On-campus housing varies across Curtin University. All accommodation is furnished and includes on-site management. Most on-campus accommodation is made up of single rooms, in six or eight bedroom self-contained apartments.

Explore your on-campus housing options.

Curtin has also opened its first residential apartment complex and hotel on campus.

On-campus accommodation rates range from $236 to $565 per week, with inclusions such as wifi, utilities and off-peak gym membership. Additional fees may apply, see link below for more information.

On-campus accommodation fees

Off-campus accommodation

We’ll help you find your best housing options

If you prefer to live off-campus, there are several options available to you, Please visit this link to find some listings or visit the StudyPerth website for more options.

A Homestay arrangement gives students the opportunity to get an authentic cultural experience by living with an Australian family. Australian host families come from many places including Europe, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Hong Kong, among others.

Homestay consists of a variety of family environments including married couples (with or without children), single parents or a single person. Students are able to apply for Homestay accommodation via the Australian Homestay Network website.

The Homestay Officer will house students accordingly and email the Homestay Profile and confirmation to the agent/student directly. Learn more about Homestay and the breakdown of costs.

Apply for Homestay accommodation

Curtin College will provide you with the details of a local housing agency that offers rental accommodation. We can also provide information about other properties close to the College.

If you need assistance with short-term accommodation, please contact the College directly.

Find private rental accommodation in Perth

Students under the age of 18 must have accommodation and welfare arrangements approved by Curtin College prior to leaving their home country. This is a requirement of Australia Immigration.

Curtin College can approve arrangements for students living with parents, legal guardians and relatives nominated by a parent/legal guardian of the student. The guardian must be over the age of 21 and must be of good character which is shown by providing a police clearance of the countries in which they have lived in for more than 12months in the past 10 years after the age of 16. If there is no guardian available, students under the age of 18 must reside in Homestay Accommodation.

Emergency Accommodation and Support

If you don’t have a place to live, or you’re at risk of homelessness, support is available.

The Centrecare Family Accommodation Service offers assistance to families who need help to maintain and/or access medium-term, non-emergency, supported accommodation.

Phone: 9325 6644

The Crisis Accommodation and Homelessness Services is a State Government service that helps people to seek their own accommodation or link with crisis accommodation.

Phone: 1800 065 892 (Country free call)

Crisis Care s a telephone information and counselling service for people in crisis requiring urgent assistance.

Phone: 1800 199 008 (country free call)

RedCross WA provides support and helps you understand tenancy agreements, negotiate with landlords and find suitable accommodation.

Phone: 1800 RED CROSS (1800 733 276)

The Salvation Army provides emergency accommodation, counselling and support.

Phone:  1300 36 36 22

Tenancy WA provides advice on rental problems through an online appointment booking service. There are also fact sheets with advice on cessation of lease and eviction.

Phone: 9221 0088 (metropolitan), 1800 621 888 (country fee call)

Anglicare WA works with people during periods of crisis, change and transition to get them back in control and able to move on with their lives. Anglicare can help with emergency accommodation.

Phone: 9325 7033

CROFT assists people with homelessness issues and can help with emergency accommodation.

Phone: 9272 6111 (24 hours)

Entrypoint Perth is a free assessment and referral service assisting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the Perth metropolitan area to access accommodation and support options. This includes emergency accommodation.

Phone: 6496 0001 or 1800 124 684 (for crisis accommodation)

Mission Australia provides supported accommodation for young people.

Phone: 9225 0400

St Barts provides accommodation and support services to homeless young men aged 18-plus.

Phone: 9323 5179

This Youth Futures WA service provides crisis accommodation to homeless young people.

Phone: 9307 4520 or 9323 5108

Tranby Centre offers crisis accommodation for people following a personal interview.

Phone: 9220 1200

Youth Futures WA assists homeless and disadvantaged young people aged 16 to 25 years of age across three main areas, including Accommodation, Education and Training, and Employment and Whole-of-life Needs.

Phone: 9300 2677

Zonta House supports women who are experiencing family and domestic violence, mental health, homelessness and other life crises.

Phone: 9364 8028

Back to Top