Skip to Main Content
Off campus female holding laptop and bag

Alternative entry options

Entry options

To gain entry into a Curtin College course, you must meet the academicEnglish language and pre-requisite entry requirements.

When assessing your Curtin College application, we may also consider the following:

Results from recent secondary education studies (within the last 2 years)

Results from higher education studies

Previous work and/or life experience, such as work experience, workplace training or other informal studies

Previously completed Vocational Education and Training (VET)

Results from any overseas qualifications

Alternative entry options in relation to your background

Note: There are no specific or special admissions options for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.

Please select which of the following best describes your current academic status or level of experience:

Your entry options

The following may apply if you have:

  • Completed Year 12 ATAR (or equivalent) studies at a school, TAFE or other Higher Education Provider
  • Completed Year 11 ATAR subjects
  • A Year 11 or Year 12 secondary school certificate
  • Studied a VET or Higher Education course while still at school

Australian Tertiary Admission Rank ATAR-related adjustments

We do not apply any types of adjustments to ATAR-based admissions.

Criteria that may apply in addition to ATAR

In addition to an overall ATAR score, you may be required to meet course and major-specific pre-requisites.

Alternative admission options

If you are unable to meet the entry requirements, you may be able to gain entry via a Supplementary Portfolio.

Special admission may be granted based on the basis of skills, competence or learning, whether formal or informal at the discretion of Director, Marketing and Admissions or Admissions Manager. This includes mature age students.

Interstate Year 12

Interstate Year 12 applicants must complete Year 12 with an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) equivalent to our minimum ATAR requirements.

Pre-requisite subjects will be evaluated using the Studies Guide from TISC.

Gaining Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)

If you have:

Enrolled in, or partially completed a VET course at TAFE* or other VET provider since leaving school
Completed a Year 11 or Year 12 secondary school certificate
Completed a Certificate IV in high school
*TAFE qualifications do not meet course pre-requisites.

Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL)/Recognition Prior Learning (RPL)

You may apply for Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL)/Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) if you have successfully completed units at a similar level and standard in previous Vocational Education and Training (VET) studies.

To determine which Diploma which you may qualify for entry into, VET qualifications are assessed against the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF).

More about CRL/RPL

If you have a higher education qualification, wish to transfer from another university or are applying for a Graduate Certificate.

You may be able to apply for Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) or Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) if you:

  • Studied a higher education course (at a university or non-university higher education provider) since leaving high school
  • Completed a bridging or enabling course delivered by another higher education provider

Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL)/Recognition Prior Learning (RPL)

More about CRL/RPL

An alternative pathway if you do not meet the minimum entry requirements for Diploma

You may be able to study at Curtin College based on your work/life experience or via a Supplementary Portfolio if you:

  • Are a mature-age student (aged 20+)
  • Have completed informal courses to prepare for tertiary education or courses linked to the field of study you’re interested in

For Australian residents who have studied overseas

If you have:

  • Completed school overseas
  • Completed or partially completed an undergraduate qualification overseas

Your qualifications will be assessed for comparability using, but not limited to, the following resources:

Back to Top