Skip to Main Content
Campus group standing front of brick wall

Future student FAQs

Application Process

If English is not my first language, am I required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS result?

If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence that you meet the English entry requirements into the course. TOEFL and IELTS are tests often used by students, however Curtin College can also accept other English test results such as:

  • General Certificate of Education (GCE)
  • HKDSE English Language
  • Pearson Test of English – Academic (PTE-A)
  • Pearson Versant English Placement Test
  • ELICOS at Curtin English Language Centre
  • Academic English at Navitas English
  • Academic English at Phoenix Academy
  • EAP at Perth International College of English
View English Entry Requirements

I studied in a school where my course is taught entirely in English, do I still need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS result?

Curtin College can accept some English high school results as meeting English. For instance, GCE O-Levels and HKDSE English can be used to meet English entry.

View English Entry Requirements

Can I do a Curtin College English Versant test to meet the English entry requirements?

Yes, you can sit for a Curtin College English Versant Test to meet English entry requirements. The test can only be undertaken at Curtin College, one of our Navitas offices or at one of our registered agents.

The results of the test will be available within 24 hours after sitting the test. If you have not achieved the required score you can re-sit the test after two weeks or Curtin College can package you with an English course at Curtin English.

My academic qualifications are not in English, do I need to provide English translations?

Yes, official translations are required for all qualifications that are not in English. The translation must be made by an accredited translator.

In Australia, translations must be prepared by a person accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd.

I am not applying through an agent, can I still lodge my application with Curtin College?

Yes, you are not required to use an agent for your application to Curtin College.

Agents can provide you with support and information on the application and visa process. For instance, they can assist you with lodging your student visa and liaise with the College on your behalf.

How do I find an agent to help me with my Curtin College application?

Curtin College has a list available with all our agents in different countries.

Find an Agent

How long will it take before I receive the outcome of my application?

Usually within 48 to 72 hours, longer during peak periods.

If your application is incomplete, the Admissions team will contact you with a request for additional documents or information.

Will the Letter of Offer also include the Bachelor Degree course?

If you are an international student, we will provide you with a pathway offer including the Bachelor’s Degree course at Curtin University. We can only package diplomas into single degree courses, however if you wish to enrol in a double degree, you can do so by applying to Curtin University upon completion of your Diploma.

If you are an Australian student, you will need to lodge a separate application with Curtin University upon completion of your Diploma.

Can I lodge more than one application?

You can apply for more than one course, however we can only issue you with one Letter of Offer. You can only hold one valid Letter of Offer at any time. If you wish to change your course, you can do so, however your original Letter of Offer will be void.

How do I change my course?

You can change your course preference by emailing Please include your full name, Curtin College student number and the new course you would like to study. The admissions team will then re-assess your eligibility for the new course and respond to your email.

How can I change my course start date?

You can change your course start date by emailing Please include your full name, Curtin College student ID and preferred intake. Admissions will defer your Letter of Offer and send you a new Letter of Offer.

How do I certify my application documents?

A certified copy is a copy (often a photocopy) of a primary document that has on it an endorsement or certificate that it is a true copy of the primary document. It does not certify that the primary document is genuine, only that it is a true copy of the primary document.

It is a College requirement that all documents provided with an Application for Admission or Application for Credit Transfer are authentic in order to maintain the integrity of the College’s records and processes. For this reason, certified copies are required for all documentation presented to the College for the purpose of Admission or Credit Transfer.

Download the certification guidelines below for more information on who can certify your documents and what is accepted by Curtin College.

Acceptance Process

How do I accept my Letter of Offer?

Use the link below for instructions on how to accept your offer.

How to Accept

What is the latest time to accept my Letter of Offer?

We recommend that all students accept their Letter of Offer as soon as possible.

If you are an international student outside of Australia, will should accept your offer no later than one month before your Orientation. This is to ensure that you have enough time to obtain your Student Visa.

If you are an Australian student, you should accept your offer no later than one week before Orientation.

Which Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) can I use?

Allianz Global Assistance is our preferred OSHC provider and provides international students with a competitive quote for their health cover.

It is not compulsory to accept Allianz OSHC via Curtin College, you may arrange your own OSHC.

If you arrange your own OSHC you will need to provide the College with a copy of your OSHC cover which must cover the duration of your student visa.

How can I get a CoE?

A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is only issued to international students who require a student visa. To obtain a CoE,  you must accept your offer at the College, pay your fees and OSHC, and provide the SSVF Declaration and a copy of your passport to Curtin College. In addition, you must ensure that you have met any outstanding conditions of offer.

Do I need to show evidence of financial capacity?

If you are applying through a registered agent, you will need to show evidence of your financial capacity to your agent. They will ensure that you have sufficient funds to pay for your fees and support yourself while studying in Australia.

Based on your nationality and Curtin College’s risk rating, your student visa will be lodged requiring ‘streamlined evidentiary requirements’ or ‘regular evidentiary requirements’.  If you are required to lodge your visa under ‘regular evidentiary requirements’, you will need to show evidence of your financial capacity to the College. The SSVF Declaration form has more information on what financial documents are required.

When applying for a student visa, you may be required to submit further evidence of financial capacity to the Australian Consulate or Embassy.

Why do I need to complete a SSVF Declaration?

The Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) is an initiative from the Department of Home Affairs
which includes a reduction in the number of student visa classes from eight to two and a simplified single immigration risk framework for all international students.

Curtin University has nominated Curtin College as one of their business partners under SSVF arrangements. To enable the College to assess your eligibility under the SSVF, all international students must complete the SSVF Declaration. If required, you need to be able to provide the College with evidence of your financial capabilities as outlined in the SSVF Declaration.

Click here for more information about the Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF)

Can Curtin College help me apply for a student visa?

Curtin College is not a migration agent and therefore we cannot provide advice on your student visa. If you need help, please contact a Curtin College Agent or your nearest Australian Consulate or Embassy.

I’m an Australian/New Zealand citizen, can I apply for HECS?

HECS-Help is not available at Curtin College; this is only available for Commonwealth Supported places.

FEE-Help is available to Diploma students who are Australian citizens and students who have a Permanent Humanitarian visa.

FEE-Help is not available to New Zealand citizens.

Please visit the Study Assist website for further information.

How much do I need to pay to accept my Letter of Offer?

Your Letter of Offer will show the amount that you need to pay to accept your place at Curtin College.

You can pay the full course fees if you wish to, however it is not required to pay more than 50% of the course fees up front.

If you decide to pay an amount greater than is invoiced on your Letter of Offer, Curtin College will not be able to return the excess amount to you (unless you have overpaid for the total course fees). The money will be kept in your Curtin College account and used for future intakes.

After you have accepted your offer

When do I need to arrive in Perth?

You should aim to arrive in Perth a few days before Orientation. This will give you time to become familiar with Perth and to find accommodation.

Orientation is held one week before your classes start.

View Term Dates

Do I need to attend the Orientation?

Yes, all new students must attend Orientation.

Orientation will provide you with essential information about your studies at Curtin College. This includes the enrolment into your subjects and meeting your teachers and other students.

Where can I find out more?

The Curtin College Pre-arrival Guide is full of useful information. Read it though before you start at the College and keep it in a safe place for reference after you arrive.

Download the Pre-arrival Guide

Students under 18 years of age (Minors)

Can I study at Curtin College if I am not 18 years old yet?

Yes, however you will need to ensure that appropriate care and living arrangements are in place before you arrive in Australia. Accommodation and welfare arrangements may be organised by parents or guardians, however the College must approve these arrangements before final documentation can be issued. A local carer or guardian must be of good character and be over the age of 21.

Curtin College can provide you with the relevant forms and information if you intend to study at Curtin College as a minor. Please email admissions at

How should I organise my welfare arrangements?

You will need to complete a ‘Minors A Form’ and submit this with supporting documents and other acceptance documents to the College. The ‘Minors A Form’ will be sent to you with your Letter of Offer.

The ‘Minors A Form’ will ensure that appropriate welfare arrangements are in place before you arrive in Australia.


How much Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) will I receive towards my Bachelor's Degree?

A completed Stage Two Diploma will result in one year CRL into your Bachelor’s Degree at Curtin University.

The units taught in the Diploma Stage Two are equivalent to the first year Bachelor Degree units. Upon completion of the Diploma, you will be able to continue in the second year at Curtin University.

Can I change my University degree course upon completion of the Diploma course?

Yes. If you wish to change your university degree upon completion of your Diploma course you will need to complete a Curtin University application form and send it to Curtin University will then re-issue you with a new letter of offer for the University Degree course.

Please note that if you decide to change your course it might affect how much CRL you will receive into the Bachelor’s Degree. We advise that you contact Curtin before you apply for a course change to seek information on how much CRL you will receive.

If you wish to change your university degree while studying at Curtin College, please visit the Curtin College reception.

Do you have any scholarships available?

We do not offer full scholarships, however we do have partial scholarships available.


I have accepted my offer and paid my initial payment, can I still withdraw from College?

Yes, you can. You will need to complete a withdrawal form and return it to Curtin College will then action your withdrawal and refund.

The refund that you will receive will vary depending on the reasons and timing of your withdrawal.Please refer to the Curtin College refund policy for more information.

Back to Top